Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed

Im 54, started going thru the off and on periods over a year

Customer Question

Im 54, started going thru the off and on periods over a year ago, which they were fairly normal. went without a period for 3 months now Ive had spotting for two weeks and now a heavy period for 5 days is this common, and how long will this flow last? Some times it seems heavier in the morning and tapers off furing the afternoon and evening, . and yes I have the hot flashes weight gain and all of the other pre-menopause symptoms!! lol
JA: I'm trying to find the right Gynecologist for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no I am in good health tyr to exercise 3-4 days week take vitamis etc...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 month ago.

a bleeding procedure like this is caused by the hormonal imbalance due to pre-menopause. If the period lasts longer than 8 days, treatment is necessary. I would recommend to visit your OB/GYN for a hormonal medication, this is the best way to resolve the problem.

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you.

Do you have any more questions?

If done do take a moment to rate may answer as this is the only way we get paid for our work and time on this website.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.