Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

This is very urgent!!! My vagina was itching i think due to

Customer Question

Hello!! This is very urgent!!! My vagina was itching i think due to chafing from rough sex so i itched it a lot and the bext thing i knew my vaginal lips were swollen like balloons. No real pain but soo swollen!! I have been testes for stds. I dont have any. I had BV recently but the smell is gone and j dont feel like i have it idk!!! Im on birth control and my period has been dark and clumpy lately. Very light flow. Please help!!!! Ive been in a panic i dont know whats wrong.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help you today. This is not caused by an STD. You most likely have irritation from the scratching. Apply an ice pack to your labia (lips). Also apply 1% hydrocortisone cream just to the outside of your labia, 2 times daily. If you have it, Benadryl cream will also help with the itching. You can get it at any pharmacy without a prescription. If the swelling/itching is not gone in 48 hours, a visit to your Gynecologist is recommended.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. We are credited only after you give a positive rating of 3-5 stars for the information I provided. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Do you feel better today?