Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.

If i have usually pretty normal periods - 4 days and usally

Customer Question

Hi, if i have usually pretty normal periods - 4 days long and usally 22-25 days between and i had unprotected sex 3 days after my period then 3 days after that, are the chances high of pregnancy?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: no pain. very regular, usually fall around the same time of the month
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i used to be on birth control for a while, but i have been off of it for about a year and a few months
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Usually ovulation occurs 14 days before the next cycle.So if you have periods after 22-25 days chances are you should be ovulating from day 8th to day 11th.

Fertile period can be from 5 days before ovualtion.So from what you describe chances of pregnancy are indeed present.

Per cycle chances of pregnancy are about 20%.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i realized i had deleted a second part of the first question which was "i had unprotected sex 3 days after my period then 3 days after that I was getting my normal discharge from ovulating"

You can get pregnant from having sex 5 days before ovulation.