How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DocPhilMD Your Own Question
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 55175
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
DocPhilMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bad burning sensation around my vagina. Been using

Customer Question

I have a bad burning sensation around my vagina. Been using monstat for 3 days. The cream burns on the outside. It is painful to even wipe after using the restroom. It does not burn to pee.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: 3 to 4 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 9 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 9 months ago.

do you have a picture?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I don't have a picture of my private parts
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you recommend I continue using the Monstat for a few more days to see if burning and pain subside
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 9 months ago.

It is hard for me to be sure without a picture but yes i would continue to use it

It might be something else though

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What else could it be? I am not sexually active at this time and haven't been for a while.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 9 months ago.

It could be bacterial vaginosis

This is an alteration of the normal vaginal bacteria

Not an STD

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 9 months ago.

could also be just an infection

this does occur

like vaginitis or cellulitis