Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I had a period August 2nd - 6th. Had unprotected sex on the

Customer Question

i had a period August 2nd - 6th. Had unprotected sex on the 7th (3 times) and i know he "went in me" all 3 times. on the 8th took a morning after pill. Had a light period August 11th - 15th. Its 9/2/2016 - no period as of yet, but some dark discharge, but is very light - not enough to even put a tampon in. Should i be concerned and take a pregnancy test or is it cause of the the plan B pill?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for this question. Well considering that you took the plan B the day after the day of intercourse and that you had some dark discharge after several days which was most likely due to the plan B pill, it is less likely that you are pregnant. Plan B can delay the period by upto one week in most cases and upto two weeks in some cases.

Now chances are that you are not pregnant since plan B is effective 99% of the time, but it is still possible for you to be pregnant, possible but not likely. This is why if your period does not appear in the next 4-5 days, take a pregnancy test to be on the safe side.

But i think you are not pregnant and the delay is because of the plan B.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,