How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr David Your Own Question
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 45195
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Bartholin gland cyst inside the labia majora. There

Customer Question

I have a Bartholin gland cyst inside the labia majora. There is some redness in the outer skin, mainly from heat packs, sitz baths and other home remedies to get the cyst to drain. Nothing seems to relieve the pain. It won't drain on its own as a previous one had done. It is a hard mass, the size of a ping pong ball. It is very painful to sit and stand as the pressure is great. Doc keeps putting me off for an appointment. The pain has become unbearable. Can candida cause the cyst?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having such pain and inflammation from your swollen Bartholin gland cyst.

that is not right that your doctor keeps putting you off for an appointment.

you need to get into see your gyn doctor to get this area examined.

you most likely need to get an ultrasound of the area and incised and drainage of this cyst to release the infection so the pressure can come out

you may need then go on a course of antibiotics.

most likely there is a bacterial infection inside of the cyst which can become an abscess collecting pus and fluid inside.

candida fungal infection usually doesn't cause this sort of pressure and pain in an infected Bartholin cyst.

you can go to the ER and see a doctor there

they may be able to incise and drain the abscess in the ER and give you a course of antibiotics which would be faster than waiting to see your doctor.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Related OB GYN Questions