Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I am 7.5 weeks pregnant. I have had slight white/clear

Customer Question

Hello. I am 7.5 weeks pregnant. I have had slight white/clear discharge on and off for the last 2 weeks. Today, for the first time, I had a small amount of light yellow:/green discharge that could be described as mucus-like. Is this normal? Or something more?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Im sorry to hear bout your symptoms. Well in pregnancy there can be a number of problems which can complicate it and while a mild clear discharge may be considered as normal, a yellow or green discharge can be indicative of an infection which may have occurred in the region of the female reproductive tract. It is possible that you may have developed a vaginal infection which can cause itching, burning or even redness in the area, sometimes urinary symptoms may accompany the discharge such as increased frequency, burning urination etc. Now if this is the case then i would advise you to have this evaluated by visiting your OB/GYn as soon as possible and also to get vaginal swab test as well as a urine culture and a urine exam done. A green or yellow discharge is NOT normal in pregnancy and usually does indicate an infection.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.