Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I tested for HSV-1 4 yrs ago with numbers at o.51 and now

Customer Question

I tested for HSV-1 4 yrs ago with numbers at o.51 and now after another test it is 0.91
Does that mean I have an infection of HSV-1
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your test results. Actually NO the higher value of the test doesnt mean that you now have an active infection of the HSV virus. The value which you have stated is actually an equivocal value which doesnt mean that you have the infection. It basically states that a repeat test should be done after 10 - 14 days. If the value was greater than 1.10 then you would have the herpes virus but anything below that would be considered negative. So i would suggest a repeat test done after 14 days which would clear up the situation.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.