Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I need a Pessary what kind do I need, No and no, No

Customer Question

I need a Pessary what kind do I need
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No and no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

What do you need the pessary for? What symptoms do you have that you need a pessary? There are different kinds, and i can only tell you which one you need if you let me know what you are suffering from.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A fallen bladder
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
discomfort
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Bulging outside
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you going to respond

Well in such a case you need a pessary which would treat a cystocele (fallen bladder), usually a pessary is used which is referred to as dish with support. This would be fitted into your vagina by your doctor and in some types it can be changed at home by yourself after your trains you to use it. Sometimes this is prescribed with estrogen cream which can be very helpful here as well. In most cases, a Hodge with support or a Gehrung pessary may be more effective. These can be fitted by your doctor and i would recommend that you talk to him about the hodge support or gehrung pessary.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Sorry for the late response, a bug with site prevented me from responding sooner, this was the 5th time i tried to reply to your queries.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are there different sizes

Yes there are different sizes usually numbered from 3 - 5, that is why it would need your doctor to fit you with various sizes and TYPES to see which one works the best for you. This would need a couple of repeated visits to your doctor to see the one which is needed to control you situation best.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do measure what size you need

Pessaries are fit by trial and error. In patients who use a diaphragm, the size of the diaphragm does not correlate with the size of the pessary. Proper fitting of the pessary often requires you to try several sizes and/or styles. A variety of styles and sizes would be made available during your fitting session. They would give you the pessaries after a complete pelvic examination which would give your doctor and idea of which size would work for you and then he would guide you through the whole process.

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.