Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.

I am menopausal. when my husband gives me oral sex, because

Customer Question

I am menopausal. when my husband gives me oral sex, because regular sex is too painful, I always bleed. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. It stops rather quickly, but is very startling
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: The pain, from sex, began when my periods stopped. We have tried lubrication, but it feels weird and is not enjoyable. I usually cant wait for it to be over. That is why my husband performs oral sex
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. Pap smears are normal. My regular skin bleeds and bruises very easily. Maybe my husband is accidentally tearing something. He usually uses his fingers for extra stimulation
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 2 months ago.

See your gynecologist sounds that you may have vaginal atrophy ..

Your doctor can examine you and possibly identify certain problems

If vaginal atrophy then that might be treated with premarin vaginal cream as an option...

You can get assessment and discuss your options though ...

Of course if intercourse is attempted use a vaginal lubricant if you do not already and that may help...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD