Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.

I am a sexually active individual and I am not on birth

Customer Question

Hi there,
I am a sexually active individual and I am not on birth control. No condoms were used only the pull out method. I haven't missed a period but I'm scared I might be pregnant. It's only been 2 weeks since my last period and I have an anxiety disorder that can cause me to be nauseous. I'm not sure what I should do. Should I wait to take the test or should I take it right away? Can I take plan b? I haven't had sex in a few days so it might be too late for that. Can I take it the next time I'm sexually active? What do I do? Help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

When was your last menstrual period?

Are your periods regular?

Any recent unprotected sex?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
August 10th
No they can be pretty irregular
Yeah very recent we had it this week and the last day of my period but he pulled out.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,your next period will be scheduled around 9th-10 th September so you should do urine pregnancy test 1 week after if you would miss your period with morning urine sample.

Plan B is effective if taken within 72 hours after unprotected sex.

So you can't take it now if it was longer than 72 hours from your last intercourse.

I understand your anxiety and you should take OTC Prilosec before meals in morning and Zantac 150 mg after meals at bed time to relieve nausea.

You shouldn't worry at all.

Chances of pregnancy are less.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.