Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

My period has always been a little irregular. My mom is the

Customer Question

My period has always been a little irregular. My mom is the same way. My cycle is about 32 days but about once a year I skip a month. However, now I am having one of my normal periods except for one thing: it's the third day and all the blood has been brown/black. I know it's normal for it to be darker at the end of your period but this has been throughout the whole thing. I've never had any sexual encounters at all (the farthest I've ever gotten is kissing). I don't take birth control or anything. I saw my doctor a month ago and I was fine then. Should I be concerned?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David

no, you shouldn't be worried.

darker brown/black blood just means some older blood from the uterus is coming out at this point.

this darker period flow is 100% normal.

you don't have to worry.

focus on eating foods higher in iron like spinach and beets and steak which can help replace the iron lost in the blood from your period.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com