Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

In March of this year I underwent my 3rd round of IVF. I had

Customer Question

In March of this year I underwent my 3rd round of IVF. I had OHSS from my 2nd round which required brief hospitalization. After the March IVF medications, my estrogen levels skyrocketed after 5 days of menopur and Gonal-F, even when we discontinued them. I then had an egg retrieval and suffered internal bleeding. I had fluid leak in to my abdomen and then was in the hospital for 4 days. Our RE stated that my hemoglobin and hematocrit levels were off and I had anemia. I have spent the past few months slowly getting stronger, but notice that many of my anemia type symptoms - rapid heart rate, muscle cramps in my legs, shortness of breath, fatigue - still flare up. I am just wondering if this is a normal part of the healing process after this ordeal. Thank you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for this question

I'm Dr. Phil

Do you have any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, thank you for the response. Fairly minor ones -Asthma, and acid reflux. Also genetically low platelet count that the RE thought contributed to my condition.

It is possible

What was your latest hemoglobin?

was your iron checked?