Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

I had a history of simple ovaryan cyst in past, so I go to

Customer Question

Hello, i had a history of simple ovaryan cyst in past, so I go to by doctor for check up every 6 month.last year, in August my doctor told me a good news that simple cyst on my left ovary (which was on last check up about 3.5 cm) has resoolved completely. In next 6 monthon follow up still no cysts. Just 3 days ago on my FU they did US and found suspricious cyst on left ovary: 2,3x1.4 with following description - thick irregular walls vs intramural solid 0.6x0.4cm. My doctor offered me to wait 6-8 weeks to repeat US, he thinks it has a chance to resolve. I have no family history of breat or ovaria cancer. I am very nervous no if the wait is right decision. Please advise. Thanks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

Yes, considering the size of the current cyst, waiting and repeating an ultrasound after 6-8 weeks is the right decision.

If it was greater than 5.5cm then I would consider earlier intervention.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

If not, please don't forget to leave a rating, thanks!