Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I am a Bangladeshi man. Now I am living in US. I want to

Customer Question

I am a Bangladeshi man. Now I am living in US. I want to marry a lady in Bangladesh who is 45 years of age. Is it possible for her to conceive baby if we will get marry within one year?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It is possible that she could get pregnant, but it is more likely that she will not get pregnant. Fertility in women decreases with age. Data from the US indicates that the likelihood of getting pregnant in any given year is about 33% for women in their early 40s (40-44) and decreases to about 5% in their late 40s (45-49). Since the 5% is the average for the entire age range, a woman at age 45 would likely be about 10-20%, but there still would be a large percentage of women that would not get pregnant if they only start trying to get pregnant at age 45.

These numbers refer to spontaneous pregnancies. There are, of course, a variety of treatments that can be considered for women in their late 40s to increase the likelihood of pregnancy. Many of these treatments are very expensive and may not be covered by insurance, but they can be considered if spontaneous pregnancy does not occur quickly.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.