Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I had a gush of blood approximately mid cycle. It was a

Customer Question

I had a gush of blood approximately mid cycle. It was a significant amount (not just spotting) but that was it. Nothing after. This has never happened to me before. I have one child and I'm 39 years old. Not on birth control and 99% sure I am not pregnant. What may have cause this and should I see a doctor?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. A mid-cycle short bleed may indicate a hormonal change is happening in your body. It could also indicate the presence of a uterine fibroid. If you haven't had a PAP smear and Gynecologic evaluation recently, it's time to have it now. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars so I am credited for my response. Thank you.