Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Am about 15 /16 weeks pregnant. I started spotting two days

Customer Question

Am about 15 /16 weeks pregnant. I started spotting two days now. What do I do. I have been on bed rest
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Can you tell me how much are you bleeding? Any abdominal pain or cramps? Any other symptoms?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

The first thing to note what is the amount of bleeding that you are experiencing, if it is light spotting, meaning a couple of drops of blood on your liner or in your underwear which is not accompanied by any pain in the abdomen, any abnormal discharge etc then it is usually nothing to be worried about. Usually light spotting for a couple of days can be normal in early pregnancy, usually upto 12 weeks however can occur even early in the second trimester.

If however, the spotting is worsening over the last two days, and is accompanied by abdominal cramps or if the bleeding seems to be increasing in amount then you need to see your OB/GYN as soon as possible. In case of light spotting, only bed rest, elevation of the feet, increased intake of fluids are recommended. However if the spotting doesnt resolve in the next 24 hours, even then have your OB.GYn take a look to be on the safe side.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.