Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My wife (32 years of age) & I want to have a baby. In 2010,

Customer Question

My wife (32 years of age) & I want to have a baby. In 2010, she was diagnosed with a pre-cancerous lesion in her uterus. She had a procedure, which I am probably misspelling called a "conalypse", where they removed the precancerous tissue. She is from Peru, and had the procedure done in Peru. Since 2010, she has had annual screenings, and everything is fine. Even had an ultrasound done last year, and the entire vaginal area looked fine. However she apparently was told by two Peruvian doctors that if she has a baby, she should have the baby cesarian vs vaginal. Is this the case? I know she is obsessing a lot about it.
Thanks,
Mike McClure
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. She most likely had a conization for an abnormal PAP smear. There is no reason, after the procedure she had, not to have a vaginal delivery. Assuming there are no problems prior to delivery that would suggest the need for a cesarean delivery. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

An additional thought. Preterm deliveries are more common after conization procedures.