Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

I had sex without a condom with my partner but one time I

Customer Question

I had sex without a condom with my partner but one time I wasn't so wet and now I'm itchy and when I put anti itch cream it burned at first
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: 3 days at most and wiping after using the bathroom
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had an STD before but it's cured
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Vaginal dryness and now itching -- a vaginal yeast infection comes to mind first ...I think that you may benefit from an antifungal such as OTC Monistat ...

You may watch for any Vaginal discharge ...

Watch for increase vaginal discomfort / pelvic pain >> get gynecologist to examine you if this e occur ..

It could be vaginal irritation just from the intercourse -- if that should be short-lived and resolve on its own..

If concern should be of STD then by all means get checked ( may relate to how established your relationship is ..)

I don't think from history thus far that it sounds as likely to be an STD but I think that it is likely a Candida vaginitis as being more of a fit ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD