Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have an itching vagina with discharge that smells awful

Customer Question

I have an itching vagina with discharge that smells awful sometimes (for 4years now). Bt i think its an STI. Recently when i urinate i see blood in it. What could this be and how do i treat it? Thanks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern regarding discharge & blood in urine.

What is your age?

Do you have white or brown colored discharge?

Any pain or discomfort in urination?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Thanks for coming to just answer.

I am a double board certified US doctor and I will be happy to answer this.

this can be gardnerella, a form of bacterial over growth.

You need to have it tested, that is the bot***** *****ne.

Treatment depends on what the swab test shows.

Once the bacterial or other organism is identified, you can treat it, your doctor can.

The blood in the urine is potentially serious, can can happen with bladder infection.

STD is not as likely from your description, but possible.

STD testing would involve a cervical swab [and exam], as well as urine tests.

If you have bacterial overgrowth, after you receive a correct drug treatment you should start a product called rephresh, which is for the vagina and helps the normal flora grow there.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Iam 28yrs old and yes, there is white-yellowish discharge and discomfort during urination...

Please read my answer.

It tells you what needs to be done.

I will repost it here but let me know if you have more questions.

HelloThanks for coming to just answer.I am a double board certified US doctor and I will be happy to answer this.this can be gardnerella, a form of bacterial over growth.You need to have it tested, that is the bot***** *****ne.Treatment depends on what the swab test shows.Once the bacterial or other organism is identified, you can treat it, your doctor can.The blood in the urine is potentially serious, can can happen with bladder infection.STD is not as likely from your description, but possible.STD testing would involve a cervical swab [and exam], as well as urine tests. If you have bacterial overgrowth, after you receive a correct drug treatment you should start a product called rephresh, which is for the vagina and helps the normal flora grow there. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All my savings have been taken here and yet i did not get a solution. i am not satisfied with ur answer

Please ignore that last post.

site glitch

What questions remain for you?

I have you very specific answers.

What has not been answered?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This has been a waste of my money

This is the second expert.

Not sure why you would say that

We answer questions.

We do not treat you or diagnose you.

What questions do you have still?