DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I found a Tampon in me today I forgot was there it smelled

Customer Question

I found a Tampon in me today I forgot was there it smelled and it burns when I pee
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No and no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: History of Uti cervical cancer asthma kindney infections I've had a Leep and come surgery
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.

Hi.

Thanks for the question.

It sounds like you have a urinary track infection.

You might have a vaginal infection as well.

See your doctor today. If you can not, go to urgent care.

You might need an antibiotic.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this what happen I forgot I had a tampon in then I put another in then took that one out went to pee it burned then felt uncomfortable then later in the day I started to smell a smell. This morning I showered I thought maybe it's a yeast infection I put my finger in to feel around and found a tampon I forgot was there then I took it out the smell went away and now it still burns and hurts to pee at the end I'm drinking water and I got UTI relief ppls not sure what happen
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Please read my answer above.

Did you have another question about this?