Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I will try be as short and concise as possible. I wish to

Customer Question

Hello Doctor,
I will try be as short and concise as possible. I wish to ask for your professional opinion on whether I am pregnant or not, and should get a pregnancy test.
The last time I had sex was late-May, and I was on the pills during that time. However, I stopped taking the pills a few days later since we weren't having sex anymore, and got (what I think to be) my withdrawal bleeding on May 31st.
Shortly after, I met with my boyfriend mid-June and we didn't happen to have any condoms so we didn't have sex, but we still did engage in sexual activities. While it's possible for some semen to have entered inside, we're usually very careful about that so I highly doubt it. Surely enough, I then got my period (which was to my knowledge, normal) on July 1st.
Since then I haven't had sex, but it is now August 5th and I still haven't had my period. It's been 35 days, which is quite long for me, and I'm confused as I haven't had sex since my last 'regular' period. Now if I had gotten pregnant then somehow, perhaps to stopping the pills too early, then I would not have gotten a period (or at least it seems like one) on July 1st. Perhaps I did get unlucky in mid-June and the bleeding I saw wasn't a period but implantation or early pregnancy bleeding instead. However, if that were the case I suspect I would have some sort of symptoms right now, which I do not.
I have a few theories of my one, such as stopping the pill short may have messed with my hormonal cycle and while I did get my first 'normal' period after my initial withdrawal bleeding, my second period may still be irregular due to the upset in balance. Either way, I was wondering if you could give me your personal opinion on this and whether I would need a pregnancy test. I'm scared that I may have just gotten pregnant mid-May, which would mean I don't have much time to assess my options. I've never experienced anything like this, and definitely cannot have a baby right now due to family issues and my education. However, my logic tells me that having been impregnated in mid-May would've been impossible since I at least got some form of bleeding on July 1st.
Thank you, ***** ***** await your fast reply!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 months ago.

How old are you? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? What was the sexual activity? Is your stress increased at home or work lately?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
19, 168cm, 62kgs. No medical problems and surgeries. I'm currently taking some medication over the counter for a case of what seems to be urethritis. No outstanding medical history, and the sexual activity was oral sex. My stress has been quite high recently due to personal problems.