Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

It was seen by family doctor six days ago for slight

Customer Question

It was seen by family doctor six days ago for slight urination urgency. I had no cloudy urine or pain. I have been taking neglect for 7 days and this afternoon did a Azo urine test and it came back as trace leukocyte . At my initial appointment I also had trace leukocyte none of the other I think they're called nitrates? Is this normal???? Thankks
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I'm not in any pain I meant to say keflex .
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

It sounds that the jury is still out at this point...trace leukocyte esterace could reflect an early UTI by BY ITSELF would be weak evidence ...

Ok and of possible benefit if you have recurrent UTIs to try taking vitamin C 500 mg once / twice a day ...

If you also have positive Nitrites then that is produced by bacteria so that is stronger evidence of UTI...I'm not clear on if last urinalysis was positive for that ??

You lack symptoms now and that is good ...we can't improve on asymptomatic state....

You just finished a course of KEFLEX

At this point I would wait and see and recheck a urinalysis in 2 to 3 days ....

I would not over-react to a limited finding of TRACE leukocyte esterace....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I Will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD