khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

I had an option of a free 2nd opinion but received an email

Customer Question

I had an option of a free 2nd opinion but received an email saying the 2nd opinion is blocked???? Based on my previous posts I had my periods again on day 16 after 4 months on levelen - the dr mentioned it is breakthrough bleeding which is not a "normal" period and hence start taking primolut for the next 7 days with levelon. I then have 5 days of sugar pill afterwards, does that mean i'll get my period again or should i immediately get on the new prescribed pill Brevinor (hormone pill but not start off on the sugar Brevinor pill)?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 months ago.

You will get your period again. If you don't want to have a period, you should start to take the new pills without the sugar pills.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how long should i take the primolut for with the existing 5 days of levlon? until my bleeding stops or for the 10 days provided? after these 5 days of levelon i think i will go on the new pill bremior (without sugar pills) as you suggested. do u know if there's any particular diet/supplements i should be taking to not make the endo worse or maybe even better? my pain is concentrated on the same spot everytime i move that spot (eg leaning forward) - will cardio exercise make it worse?

You should take primolut until the active pills of levlon is finished. No particular diet or supplements are necessary. Where is your pain? Do you have pain during period? Did you have ultrasound?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had an ultrasound - came out clear. i have 7 more days of levlen (active pill) so will take 7 days of primolut then go straight onto bremior (active). my pain is in one particular spot - lower left abdomin, around 5-10cm below left ovaries. everytime i lean forward, or use that part i get cramping - my lower back is constantly very tight. Pain started late last yr where i had to take nurofen nearly everyday - even when i don't get my periods but since i started levlen in april the pain has eased alot and i don't take nurofen except day 1-2 and day 8 of period. it's only all of a sudden this mth i had my periods again (or breakthrough bleeding?) on day 16 and today (7th day) i'm still getting a little bit of blood - which is why i went to the general dr today. Will high intensity cardio exercise make it worse or yoga? Any tips that may help cure this endo? I really don't want a laporoscopy

You should continue to take pills without sugar pills. Another way is use etonogestrel implant or levonorgestrel intrauterine device if you don't want to take pills every day.