Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .

My question is, well, here is the thing.. I've missed my

Customer Question

My question is, well, here is the thing.. I've missed my menstural cycle this month. I've taken a pregnancy test, which turned out to be negative, but now I am experiencing sharp pains in my left side of my abdomen. So, could you perhaps know what is causing this..?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What was the due date of your menstruation period?

On what date you had pregnancy test?

Do you have pain in upper or lower abdomen on left side?

Any nausea/vomiting?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having missed your menstural cycle this month & had a negative pregnancy test,the symptoms of sharp pains in left side of abdomen can be due to ectopic pregnancy where an embryo implants outside the uterus.

Other possible causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & then take the treatment accordingly.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

If there anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Have you consulted your gynecologist?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards