Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .

This is very anbrassing i left a tampon in too forgot now im

Customer Question

this is very anbrassing i left a tampon in too long forgot now im have some yellow discharge
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no i just now noiced i
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: it
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

When do you think(how many days back) you left the tampon?

Is there any itching or foul smell?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

If a tampon is not removed, it can lead to a problem known as toxic shock syndrome which is a rare but dangerous bacterial infection.

Following will help you:

• Sit on the toilet. . Bear down like when having a bowel movement or pushing out a baby. This can push the tampon down.
  • Wash your hands. Then try to find it with one finger. Once you have located it, use your finger and thumb to grab onto it and pull it out.
  • Tampon manufacturers advise that a tampon shouldn’t be left in for more than eight hours.

If you still can't get the tampon out, you need to go to your GP/gynecologist.This is something that is urgent and needs to be dealt with quickly. Waiting around can lead to a serious infections.

Please do not get embarrassed.We doctors deal such cases routinely.Your gynecologist will remove this & this will prevent the infection.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

Is there anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards