Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I just received information from my doctor that my

Customer Question

Hello, I just received information from my doctor that my ultrasound indicated a calcification on my right ovary as well as 7mm thickness in my ultrasound just after my cycle had finished. I went to her with symptoms of spotting between periods and discomfort. She is recommending that I get an endometrial biopsy but seems to be disregarding the calcification. What is the most prudent course of action?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: My periods range from 21 days apart to 38 days. They have been irregular for about 5 months. I get cramping in between periods.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a baseball sized endometrioma removed 3 years ago from my left ovary and had severe endometriosis that was cleaned out.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 4 months ago.

Hello

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

Can you send me the ultrasound report?

As you said, ovarian calcifications is unrelated to Endometrial biopsy,

Most of the times Ovarian calcification is seen in dermoid cysts, which are benign, non cancerous conditions. They require surgical removal because they can rupture and cause problems.

Endometrial biopsy may not be suggested due to ovarian calcification, but if the Endometrial thickness is significantly more in the ultrasound, Endometrial biopsy is done to ruleout cancer. This is small procedure done on OPD basis, so please go for it

Hope this helps

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, the only way we experts are compensated for answering you

Follow up questions can be asked after the positive rating

You can get back to me any time here, http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

Any bonus is welcome and appreciated

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya

Hi Jen, did you happen to see the answer?

Dear if you have no further questions, I request to click on the positive rating at the top right corner of the page, that is the only way, we experts are compensated for our time. If you have more questions, you can ask me after the rating.