Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My girlfriend and I had sex she is on birth control and I

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I had sex she is on birth control and I used a condom. She started her period yesterday a day late. It was normal. Today she is spotting. Which isn't normal for her. Is that a sign of pregnancy? What are the chances of her getting pregnant? It was her first time so I was wondering if that had something to do with the spotting as well?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

From what you have posted it is very unlikely that she is pregnant.......I do not think you have to worry.

You did the right thing by using a condom and she did the right thing by being on birth control.

Everything should be fine.

make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS