Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

About three weeks ago I got sent to the ER with a severe UTI

Customer Question

About three weeks ago I got sent to the ER with a severe UTI and when prescribed me with medication it gave me yeast infection. I finished all my antibiotics including the yeast infection about a week ago but now I'm noticing that it burns to pee and I've had intercourse one time this morning to be exact after not been able to have intercoirse due to the antibiotics that I've been on and turns out it HURTS really bad to sex. It's almost like I'm a vergin again and it wasn't pleasant at all. I want to know what's going to with my body. My husband and I are reall worried. I'm only 25. Someone please give me an answer
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

You need to see an OB/gyn

You need a complete exam

recurrent yeast

bacterial vaginosis: needs a special antibiotic

recurrent UTI.

Antibiotics disrupt the situation, and other bugs can come in.

You should start using a product called rephresh, which helps balance the vaginal flora.

You need a pelvic exam as well, that is the only way to know what is fully going on.

A repeat urinalysis and culture should be sent to the lab as well.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here