Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I am an alcoholic and have been to treatment, therapy, and

Customer Question

I am an alcoholic and have been to treatment, therapy, and it is getting worse. I heard a Ted talk from a woman who used naltrexone which helped her lose interest in drinking.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. The drug Naltrexone is being used to help people drink less and also lose interest in alcohol. Your doctor can counsel and prescribe this medication. Also, some Psychiatrists are prescribing Baclofen to help reduce the desire to drink heavily. Discuss both with your doctor. I hope this is helpful. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response. Thank you and feel better.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you can not prescribe it to me? The ad I clicked on said get a prescription written by a doctor online. I don't have insurance and just would like a prescription for the pills you take.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry, but we cannot prescribe any medication from this site. You can go to an Urgent Care Center (no insurance needed) and discuss getting a prescription for one of these medications with the doctor.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want a prescription. The ad I clicked on said I can get one from Just Answer. That is false advertising.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Please contact [email protected] for help.