Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

After my periods of april 27, 2016, i had sex on may 20,

Customer Question

Hello Doctor, After my periods of april 27, 2016, i had sex on may 20, 2016. My next periods started on 7th june and my beta hcg was less than 0.1 on 8th june. This month i still have not got periods. is there any chance that i am pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Your previous b-hcg test is considered negative as it was less than 5 mIU/ml. If you had sex since last period you had a chance of getting pregnant in this cycle as you are late for periods. You can test if it is negative then there is possibility of hormonal imbalance which can lead to irregular periods. In that case i would suggest you to visit your gynecologist for thorough examination and hormone tests.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I didnt have sex after 20th may. in that case whats the reason of such delay in periods?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for reply.

In that case hormonal imbalance is a possibility as i mentioned. As you had irregular cycles for last two to three months you should get hormone levels checked and examination by a gynecologist.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can you suggest me tests which i can take to ascertain whats wrong with me
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for reply.

You can test serum FSH, LH, PROLACTIN, TSH, ESTROGEN, testosterone and an abdominal ultrasound.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
after how many days of unprotected sex does beta hcg increase?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for reply.

B hcg rises after implantation which occurs at least 7 to 10 days after unprotected sex.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how high are the beta hcg levels in case of ectopic or molar pregnancy?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for reply.

In case of ectopic pregnancy b- hcg levels are less than 1000 mIU/ml or are slow rising however they are very high greater than 100,000 mIU/ml in case of molar pregnancy.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Wish you good health.