Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I am almost 50, haven’t had a period in close to a year. I

Customer Question

I am almost 50, haven’t had a period in close to a year. I have been sexually active with my husband for over 20 years, but sex has been painful for the last 10, & getting much worse in the last 6 months. It is really causing marital problems for us.
My husband wants me to get on testosterone, but we do not have insurance. I haven't seen a dr. in over 18 years. I am healthy, (vegan & very active, a group fitness studio owner) with no other health issues & take no medication. I have done research & believe that there is an issue with my pelvic floor.
I am desperate to find a solution.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 11 months ago.

the absence of the period for a year is an evidence for menopause. This can be accompanied by a vaginal lack of hormones which can cause symptoms like that. This problem will be resolved by the local use of estrogenic ointment or suppositories, you have to visit a doctor for prescription.

Hope you get well soon, kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you.

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them. Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars). Thank you.