Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I'm on birth control. But last Tuesday I realized I forgot

Customer Question

I'm on birth control. But last Tuesday I realized I forgot two days of pills so I took them both. That night I had sex and the condom broke. I think a good portion of it didn't get inside me. I was supposed to get my period Saturday night but it's now Sunday night and I have yet to get it. Could I be pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

I would recommend that you should have a home pregnancy test done.

It is UNLIKELY that you would be pregnancy since you did take your pills when you did remember them but since you forgot a couple of pills it could have caused a bit of a hormonal disturbance leading to a late period.

So it is important to have a home pregnancy test done or preferably a blood pregnancy test at the doctor's office to make sure you are not pregnant.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards