Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.

I stopped taking my bc pills about a week and a half ago. My

Customer Question

I stopped taking my bc pills about a week and a half ago. My husband and I are wanting to conceive a second child. We have been having un-protected sex since before stopping my bc pills, my period was due 7/15/16 but instead I noticed brown/ light pink discharge that I still have today on 7/18/16. I have been having lower back pain, tenderness in my breast, nausea after eating and have been using the bathroom a lot. Can you tell me if this is just a side affects after coming off the pill and my hormones are just out of whack? I have read online that it normally takes women 6months to a year before they conceive after stopping them.
Thank you
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 3 months ago.

Hello !

You may be able to conceive much sooner than 6 months after stopping birth control but your irregular cycle currently probably has to do with your early stopping the birth control pills before the end of your cycle ...

Yes I agree that I more suspect that you have some side effects now ..

You may be able to conceive soon but it is not any automatic first try type propect either ...that is true ...

It is typical for couples that several moths of trying are needed to conceive ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD