Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I had sex with two different people 2.5 weeks apart and am

Customer Question

i had sex with two different people 2.5 weeks apart and am now pregnant trying to decipher who the dad is. I have had ultrasounds but wonder how accurate these are in being sure about paternity
JA: Sounds as though you might have some questions about pregnancy - you've come to the right place. The OB/GYNs we work with are available 24/7 to get you the answers you need.
Customer: so can you putme through to someone woc an help me?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Ultrasounds can be a week off, even a little more.

Perm can last 5 days.

As a rule of thumb, then, calculations can be 14 days off.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok so i had sex a number of times with the same partner(partner A) in between the dates of 10/10/15- 13/10/15 and 20/10/15 -23/10/15. I then spent on night with a different man (parner b)on the 10/11/15. I took a pregnancy test on the 14/11/15 which confirmed a positive pregnancy. On 25/10/15 in india i had a scan due to gastrointestinal pains this showed a CRL 0.54cm and it says 6w2d by the scan photo im guessing this is the age of the sac? When i arrived back in England i had my first trimester screening which gave the EDD by ultrasound at 12.07.16. The scan date was on the 6/1/16 and showed me at 13 weeks 1 day. Which scan should i go by the one in india or england. Further scans in second trimester confirmed the due date in first trimester screening.
Im worried because im a week overdue that the paternity may not be Partner A.
Can a pregnancy test give a positive reading 4 days after sex with partner B? And would it be possible to even see a pregnancy on an ultrasound weeks after conception? Can i be sure who the father is?

You can not be sure who the father is without genetic testing.

What did your doctor in england tell you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been told that ultrasounds are no more than 5 days off in first trimester screening so it would be partner A who is the father.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is it possible to see a sac in the womb via ultrasound 2 weeks after conception? and would a positive pregnancy test show up 4 days after having sex?

I think you should go with the England scan at this point.

The ultrasound can be up to a week off, even later: ok 5 days if they insist.

Sperm can last 5 days tops.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand what your saying but giving your info above it would confirm that partner B is not the father? As we had sex 2 weeks before the first scan and the scan says its measured at 6 weeks 2 days at this time. Can a pregnancy test highlight a pregnancy 4 days after intercourse?

Only a blood test [beta HCG] would confirm preganancy 4 days after intercourse, and It is unlikely that this happened.