Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have just been told I have a std. My partner of 13 years

Customer Question

Hello I have just been told I have a std. My partner of 13 years confirmed that he had gone to a prostiute in Bali once in June 2015 And again in January 2016.
We had sex on the 27 April 2016. and again on the 27 June 2016. Within 2 days I started getting a discharge. And went to the doctors and it was confirmed that I has gonoreha . He had just come back from another holiday in Bali
My question if I showed symptoms so quick. And if he has been infected all this time why did I not get symtoms in April.
Is this possible for him to have this in his body for either 12 or even 6 months and him not to have ant symtoms at all. Or possibly not tell the complete truth
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I’d be happy to assist you.

The incubation period, the time from exposure to the bacteria until symptoms develop, is usually 2 to 5 days.

But sometimes symptoms may not develop for up to 30 days.

It can be possible he has developed symptoms and went unnoticed to consider it as STD and he continues to live as such.

Other possibility is unprotected sex with other partners also in between.

Gonorrhea can dormant for long period of time.

About 50% if men infected with Gonorrhea will have no symptoms at all and they are silent carrier.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
May I help you further?
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.

It's good to get treatment both of you at the same time to prevent it's recurrence even if he has no symptoms.

Please let me know if you have any questions, otherwise please click on POSITIVE RATING ! Thank you!
It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Best Wishes.