Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

Diagnosed with yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis going

Customer Question

Diagnosed with yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis going on two weeks with no period. Last period was June 7 2016 everything was normal until now. Negative pregnancy test why hasn't my period appeared if I'm not pregnant? Me and my fiance have been trying to conceive.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: No pain. Went to hospital last night bc of thick white discharge. Mild cramps like a period
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Before periods got back normal I was having ovarian cyst problems. After following the cyst specialist I been having regular periods. Why we guessing I was pregnant until hospital results.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 4 months ago.

Hello

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

When have you done last pregnancy confirmation test?

Generally in PCOD, polycystic ovarian disease, periods are delayed, but for you it was regular and then this month you don't have periods.

Your next steps to do..

Do a repeat pregnancy test

Get HCG levels checked

Get Serum FSH, LH, and estrodiol levels checked

Get an Ultrasound scan

These 3 investigations can tell us the reason for you not having periods regularly

These are simple tests and can be done to plan the further management

Hope this helps

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, the only way we experts are compensated for helping you

Follow up questions can be asked even after the positive rating

You can get back to me any time here, http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

Any bonus is welcome and appreciated

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya