Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I've had several (10+) positive at home pregnancy tests, but

Customer Question

I've had several (10+) positive at home pregnancy tests, but I also got my period the day after I took the first one. They are still coming up positive however. I went to the dr and I also had a positive pregnancy test. The dr did an ultrasound, but assumed I'm only about 4 weeks along so he did not see anything. He did mention that my uterine wall appeared thin so he wasn't sure. He wants me to go back in for another ultrasound in 2-3 weeks. My question is, could this be a chemical pregnancy? Should I take another at home test in a week or so? My "period" has been over for 3 days now and it's still showing that it's positive. Could this be the hormones still in my body but no baby?
JA: It's nice to have the anonimity of talking to our Expert about this sort of thing. I'm sure they'll make you more confident about seeing a specialist if they think you need to. Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

You shouldn't repeat Pregnancy test , sometime bleeding can occur in pregnancy , and it would be ideal to repeat Ultrasound after 2-3 weeks to look for fetal heart beat .

Highly unlikely the chemical pregnancy .

So please wait and see .

Good luck .

Please click on good rating .

Thanks .