Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

Why do I smell? Admittedly I am slightly over weight and

Customer Question

Why do I smell? Admittedly I am slightly over weight and that I have swamp ass something I'm working on. My problem is that I smell, badly. Especially my hands. I have done everything I can try to fix it. I have rubbed my hands on metal wear, scrubbed my hands with toothpaste, citrus juice, lemon juice, mouthwash, alcohol, salt, baking powder and vinegar, anti-bacterial, deep cleaning soap, powders, nothing seems to work and if anything it just seems to make the smell worse. If I eat or drink anything, it gets really bad and for some reason at random times my body just releases this really bad odor, like a heat flash followed by a really bad smell or sometimes a really bad smell and it's not me passing gas.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you should see a doctor and get some testing.

diabetes can cause you to be in ketoacidosis which can cause odor

stomach infection of H Pylori infection can cause bad odor

bowel infection of small bowel bacterial overgrowth can cause you to have bad odor

if you eat a lot of garlic, this can cause body odor.

you could also have excessive sweat glands in your hands or arm pits which could cause bad odor

surgery or botox injections into excessive sweat glands can help decrease their function and help decrease odor.

you may need antifungal powders or baby powders for your bottom as well to help dry the area and decrease odor and moisture and decrease risks for skin fungal infection.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The problem is that it's a stopped up sewer smell. I can't even eat or drink anything without smelling badly
Expert:  Dr David replied 4 months ago.

your sweat glands could be producing too much body odor which can contain sulfur and smell badly.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com