khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

This is that knows about probiotics and vaginal health...i

Customer Question

this is for somone that knows about probiotics and vaginal health...i have a ob doc and we ahve been working on tryig to figure out what the reacurring uti's are all about..but im getting tired of nothing happening to fix this..its been well over a year and i ahve one once a month or after sex.she told me she thinks i ahve vaginitis.im 51 years old in menopause and on ectrase hormone vaginal cream but only been on it for about 2 months..all these antibiotics im sure are killing my vaginal flora and gut flora.i need some serious advice on what to do and find out the casue of these reaccuring uti's.i had a ultra sound the fibroids were small she said..i also been reading about taking probiotics which i ahve in the past since im on so many antibioitcs.but what bi want to know is what brand and what kind is the best..i really liek the all natural kind and i need a smaller capsule i cant swallow the big ones..and what does it mean when i read you can take probiotics orally and vaginally
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 9 months ago.

You should try RepHresh Pro-B. http://www.rephresh.com/RepHresh-Products/RepHresh-Pro-B/Reviews/

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that is not all natural i think it contains gluten and maybe milk..anyone else have a answer

The ingridients are L. rhamnosus GR-1, L. reuteri RC-14, Dextrose Anhydrate, Gelatin, Potato Starch, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide. Potato is gluten free.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you have any idea why this could be happening to me and why i keep getting utis and what should i do about it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it looks like the capsues are to big for the repfresh

If you have UTI after sex, it is due to contamination from the vagina to the urethra. You should take antibiotics immediately after sex.