Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine, MBBS With four years of experience (London). Expert in health & fitness
16101430

I recently had a pap and colposcopy show mild dysplasia with

Customer Question

I recently had a pap and colposcopy show mild dysplasia with HPV.I have read that it takes ten plus years to reveal, is that true or is that for cancer? I just started being sexually active five years ago with multiple people. Hpv was not really explained well. I am bisexual and continue to have multiple people at times. Is it best to let people know?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that cervical mild dysplasia requires monitoring every 3 to 6 months mostly it resolves in short time but careful monitoring is required. Cervical dysplasia is pre-cancerous condition only moderate to severe requires treatment. Yes it is advisable to let people know about it as it is sexually transmitted diease. It is for cancer normally in cases of moderate to severe cervical dysplasia requires few years to show up. I will suggest to have regular follow up with your gyneacologist.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed