Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University

Also the swelling I have always makes me feel full and

Customer Question

also the swelling I have always makes me feel full and bloated as I put on 20 pounds in 2.5 months and went to my GP and all test were fine but my feet and hands stay swollen to the point they are often numb
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. Diego, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. The problem you described is edema. Edema can be caused by several conditions, including congestive heart failure, renal failure, hypoalbuminemia, lipidemia, chronic venous disease, idiopathic edema. Usually your PCP test for most of this conditions. Diet is also important to avoid retention of fluids. Low salt diet is recommended. Exercise helps to mobilize fluids and improves any edema. If you have persistent symptoms you should go back to your GP for further testing. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok but Ido and have done all this for years and the severe mood swings are caused by edema as i agree to disagree as again my pychiatrist of 10 years says that hormonal mood swing are stronger than any drug I have seen about 7 speciualist in 1 year and had evermy test known to man ran so I just leave with these hormonal mood swings to the pont my ex husband is about to take me to court to take our child because he is afraid of his safety due to my constant pain and mood swings as O realize yaour a doctor but you reaally cannot understand as you do not have a cycle....I was told in 2006 I should have a hystorcomy due to having vestivulitis which is not caused by diet it was caused by an std i got from my husband and then vaginismus and now pelvic floor dysfunction so I have been told i have edenma and again i have done all u requested and i paid 46.00 forthis what a rip off

You can talk to customer service about it. I think somebody else can help you with this.