Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology

I just finished my course of antibiotics 3 days ago and had

Customer Question

I just finished my course of antibiotics for PID 3 days ago and had protected sex last night. Now I have mild cramps and am having reddish brown discharge, is it possible that the PID has come back?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David

protected sex can repeatedly hit the cervix and can cause the cervix and uterus to contract in orgasm and can contact the next day as well causing cramps

the reddish brown discharge can be old blood in the uterus coming out from your uterus contracting.

if your mild cramps get better which I think they will, this would not be from PID

I'm glad you used a condom.

make sure you urinate after sex to decrease risks for urinary tract infection from sex.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr David replied 3 months ago.

do you have other questions?