Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I started the combi patch 3 months ago after having an

Customer Question

I started the combi patch 3 months ago after having an Oopharectomy. Overall- I feel good- have lost some Weight but am having difficulty loosing more. I think this is in part due to bloat. What can I do about this as I would like to loose about 20 lbs. I am eating well and exercising and have just started integrating resistance training as well
as HIIT into my work out regimen. Please advise. - Maura
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

Have your thyroid function checked.

You need to know your exact TSH value, don't just accept that your function is in the normal range, as that goes to 4.5 abut over 2.5 can by hypothyroid.

As to diet, a nutrient dense diet is the most scientifically valid, and uses the types of foods that prevent excess weight [and that is not animal foods a la atkins].

See the book, EAT TO LIVE by doctor Joel Fuhrman for this diet.

Resistance weight training, walking everywhere you can, and aerobics 3 times a week are all needed.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here