Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My period started a week early before nuvring removal, in

Customer Question

My period started a week early before nuvring removal, in other words, I inserted it on the 11th to be out on the 21stt, but my period is out today the 25th, so out of fear, i took it out. Do I insert a new one or nit?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you today. Such bleeding while being on nuva ring is called unplanned bleeding. This can happen normally specially if you have just started using ring. Even if you have been using it for quite some time you can get this unplanned bleeding. You shouldn't have removed the ring. But don't worry you should put a new one now and remove it once the 21 days time period is finished. If you put it on 11th then 21st day will be on 1st July. Your bleeding will stop in couple of days. After that remain ring free for 7 days till 8th and put a new ring on 9th. If bleeding persist after 4 to 5 days or if you encounter heavy bleeding then you should contact your doctor. Don't worry this can happen with many people. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, please let me know as I am here to assist you till you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you are saying to put a new one now(today) and wait 3 weeks before removal, basically today is my first day of insertion like it will normally e?,
What about the bleeding?

Thanks for your Input. How heavy is the bleeding?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not heavy. Very light. Do insert a new one today?

Thank you for your input. Yes you should put a new one today. keep it for 21 days and then give a 7 days break. Having mild bleeding is not a cause for concern. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards