Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

This is really odd and embarrassing but I have been pillow

Customer Question

This is really odd and embarrassing but I have been pillow humping since I was a very young girl. I am now 20 and three times this month when I finished pillow humping my vagina started to bleed very heavily immediately after when I hadnt inserted anything into my vagina. It is bot my period or a cut on/inside my vagina. It bleeds for a couple hours and them stops. What could be going on? And If/when I go to my doctor is it odd to admit that I hump pillows as a form of masturbation? Please help I am very concerned
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

You have to have an exam.

It is not weird or abnormal to masturbate this way.

You need to make sure you don't have a problem in the vagina

Or a lesion on the cervix.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already set up an appointment for next wednesday as that was the soonest I could get in... is there anything I should do in the time being, and also will it affect the exam if I have my period when I am at the visit? I am supposed to be getting it tomorrow or Saturday. Thanks.

Hello

It does not ultimately affect the exam.

If you continue bleeding, go to the ER.

There is no specific home remedy.