Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I am going through a serious problem. This has never

Customer Question

I am going through a serious problem. This has never happened to me before so I'm kinda scared and don't know what to do. My boyfriend and I were having sex last Thursday and I was kinda dry down there so we decided to stop after a few minutes. I felt pain and realized I was bleeding the next day, I thought it was only my period. But I already had my period the week before so I used a mirror and saw that a part of my inner vaginal wall was completely torn, like it looks like a whole piece of the side is gone. I've bled all weekend and it stopped Monday night. I'm really scared that this could damage me and what if it fell into my vagina? What should I do, I mean it isn't bleeding anymore but it still hurts.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

A tear from dryness can be common.

There will probably be no permanent damage at all.

Avoid sex for now.

Have a gyn exam.

This will confirm that you are OK.

And that there is no infection or other reason for bleeding.

IN the future, make sure you use lubricant if needed.

Also, have your doctor check

hormone levels

thyroid hormone levels.

routine labs

urinalysis.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/