Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

Im 45 years old and scared because I have had my period days

Customer Question

Hi im 45 years old and scared because I have had my period for 26 days now. And don't have medical insurance. What should I do. Should i be concerned.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: For the lasy 26 days. No I don't have pain.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing probably it's stress because I lost my job. But it still concerns me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Do you mean that you are having menstrual bleeding continuously since last 26 days?

Are you taking any pills?

Do you have any recent history of any irregularity in periods?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having menstrual bleeding continuously since last 26 days is of concern.This is termed as prolonged period.

A prolonged period is one that lasts longer than 7 days.

Considering your age of 45 years,the most probable cause seems to be hormonal changes because of peri menopause.Women normally go through perimenopause between ages 45 and 55. Hormonal changes occur at this phase & cause excessive bleeding or prolonged bleeding.

Stress is one of the most common factor to aggravate the symptoms.When you are under high stress,adrenal glands secrete a hormone called cortisol.Cortisol has a direct impact on the sex hormones estrogen, progesterone, and DHEA. This causes prolonged and/or heavy periods.

So my best advise for you is to make an appointment with your gyne doctor to have the hormonal tests done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly. I can understand it is difficult but please try to keep your stress at bay.Do relaxation exercises. Engage in mild activity or exercise. All this will help you greatly.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh