DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My best friend is going to be my surrogate baby. My question

Customer Question

My best friend is going to be my surrogate for my baby. My question is for my procedure to take out the fertilized eggs from my body, how long is the procedure and can I stay awake? does it hurt?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I

No, the process is not painful, and it does not require that you be put to sleep.

I suggest you go over every detail with your doctor.

I am surprised that you have not had this conversation with your doctor.

Good luck.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to be knowledgable and know what is happening prior to seeing my gyn that is all. How long is procedure?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Probably 30 minutes or less.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/