Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I'm 16 years old and lost my virginity about 8 months ago.

Customer Question

I'm 16 years old and lost my virginity about 8 months ago. I've attempted to have sex with my boyfriend about 15 times since then and it has always been a very painful experience. When I talk to my friends they only experienced mild pain the first couple of times. I've been able to insert a tampon since I was 12 without discomfort which leaves me wondering what could be the problem. Any answers would be appreciated thank you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Do you feel this pain during sex as superficial or deep pain?

Any irregularity in periods?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Superficial pain and I had irregular periods but ever since I've been on birth control they have been regular
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having superficial painful experience every time you had sex can be due to many reasons: vaginismus(a spasm of the vaginal muscles, used mainly by fear of being hurt),lack of lubrication,vaginal dryness,vaginal infections,vulvitis(inflammation of the vulva (the opening to the vagina),vulvodynia.

Vaginismus & lack of lubrication are the most common causes.Too little foreplay and not enough time are often the reasons why girls lack lubrication.You need to use a lubricant.K-Y Jelly is the old standby and it has the advantage of being available in almost every drug store.This will help greatly in getting you lubricated & hence pains can be avoided.Have a good foreplay before sexual intercourse.

Its good that your peridos are normal with birth control pills.Continue to take it as prescribed.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh